This salad came together in under 15 minutes and was the perfect way to satisfy my craving for something gloriously Greek. It’s part salad, part side dish and is sure to be a regular in my home, and hopefully yours too! Let me know if you get a chance to try it!
Ready to make these uber easy greek quinoa bowls? Fabulous!
GREEK QUINOA BOWLS
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 TBSP fresh parsley
- Pita wedges
- Fresh tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve .
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa!
- Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep the remaining ingredients and whisk together your dressing ingredients.
- Snag your now-fluffy quinoa from the pot and give it a little fluff with a fork.
- For a chilled salad, you can pop the quinoa in the fridge for a few minutes prior to adding your veggies or simply let it cool on the countertop for a few minutes for a room temperature quinoa bowl. Totally up to you!
- For the super simple vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. How easy was that!? Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss with a pair of forks or salad servers and dig. on. in.
- Add any additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
For a speedy salad, do all your prepwork while your quinoa cooks. This way you’ll only have one ridiculously step left after your quinoa is fluffy and ready to go.
Source of this GREEK QUINOA BOWLS is peasandcrayons.com