These avocados are stuffed with a flavorful southwest mixture of tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro. No mayo necessary here!
I was making this recipe two times a week for months before I wrote this post. I came up with it one day based on what I had lying around in the kitchen and immediately fell in love. It was my absolute favorite lunch. You aren’t supposed to eat tuna more than twice a week otherwise I probably would have eaten it every day. Not only is it easy to make, it’s also healthy. But wait a second, why was I not sharing the lunch I was eating two times a week? Is it too simple? I mean, I can’t lie, it’s incredibly simple, but guys, it’s magical. This is just such a tasty lunch! You need this in your life. I have links to more of my favorite tuna stuffed avocados that you can check out below, but this one is the original love of my lunch.
HEALTHY TUNA STUFFED AVOCADO
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size
- mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Source of this HEALTHY TUNA STUFFED AVOCADO is thestayathomechef.com